We (Diane and Rob Tomlinson) have owned and operated the Woodland Motor Lodge since May 2002. Before this we lived and traveled extensively around South America and Europe. We find Grayling to be a great place to live and raise our children. Here we all enjoy the many outdoor activities and the peaceful lifestyle we find up here in Northern Michigan, away from the Big City.
We are both very positive about the area and what we have to offer. Nearly 70% of our customers are repeat visitors. We hope that means we’ve been doing the right things here, and we intend to keep satisfying our customers and improving our rooms and amenities. We’ve found running a successful motel to be simple:
- Keep the rooms clean, very clean
- Be nice
We’re active and involved in the local community:
- Grayling Visitors Bureau Board Member (Rob, 2003 – present)
- Grayling Chamber of Commerce Board Member (Rob, 2002-2003; Diane, 2009 – present)
- Au Sable Valley Snowmobile Association Board Member (Rob, 2004 – present)
- Grayling Promotional Association Member (Diane, 2004 – present)
We hope to see you soon!