We have owned and operated the Woodland Motor Lodge since 2002. Before this we lived and traveled extensively around South America and Europe. We find Grayling to be a great place to live and raise our children. Here we all enjoy the many outdoor activities and the peaceful lifestyle we find in Northern Michigan, away from the Big City.
We are very positive about the area and what we have to offer. Nearly 70% of our customers are repeat visitors. We think that means we’ve been doing the right things here, and we intend to keep satisfying our customers and improving our rooms and amenities. We’ve found running a successful motel to be simple:
- Keep the rooms clean, very clean
- Be nice
In 2015 we finished paying our mortgage, making us entirely debt-free. This enables us to put more resources into upkeep and maintenance. Our projects over the past year included:
- Rooms 11 and 12, 13 and 14 — combined into larger suites, each with 2 Queen beds, a full kitchen, and larger bathrooms.
- Cabin 19 — Renovated kitchen and bath
- Room 25 — Renovated walk-in shower, more handicap-accessible
We’re active and involved in the local community:
- Grayling Chamber of Commerce Board Member (2009-present), chairperson (2015 – 2017)
- Grayling Promotional Association Member (2004 – 2013)